Distracted Driving- Auto Accidents Don’t Announce Themselves
Have you seen this comical Lexus commercial on the air pertaining to distracted driving? This one really applies to everyone on the road. Auto accidents don’t announce themselves.
After watching the video, check out the tips below to avoid distracted driving. Be safe out there.
Tips to avoid distracted driving
- Be well rested and alert before driving.
- Keep safe driving as your first priority when driving.
- Consider taking a defensive driving course.
- Park to eat.
- Drink with a lid on your cup, only going slow and straight or stopped.
- Don’t hold a cup between your knees while driving.
- Pull to the curb to read a map or directions.
- Find out what landmarks are near your destination before arriving.
- Tell your passengers you need to keep your eyes on the road.
- Keep sun glasses within reach.
- Check rearview mirror BEFORE you enter a curve or turn.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel in a curve or turn.
- Use restraints for your pet when you drive with them in the car.