Large California Traffic Ticket Fines Effective 01/06/2012
If you’re a California driver, pay close attention to this one. The Golden State of California is broke and is looking for ways to pay some bills. Aside from raising taxes like our brilliant politicians up in Sacramento like to do as a “solution” to all our fiscal problems, they looking to the highways to generate some revenue for their pockets.
Take note of the following California traffic ticket fines which took effect on Friday, 1/6. Sorry, I’m a few days late on this. I received this information from an email. Apparently, these details were taken from an article in the L.A. Times. I tried to find it but no luck. If you come across the story, please send to me so I can give some credit to where it’s due.
Rumor has it that the California Highway Patrol is under pressure to issue a lot more tickets than last year with at least 30% increase in fines over 2009, so beware of radar guns, highway and traffic cameras installed everywhere and the tougher enforcement of parking rules.
Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2012)
- VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions
- VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance) Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.
- VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.
- VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.
- VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.
- VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.
- VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.
- VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense.
- VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands not free, each subsequent offense.
- VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.
- VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.
- VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.
- VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
- VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.
- VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.
- VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.
- VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.
- VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints. Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.
- VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.
- VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.
- VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver – Log book violation.
- VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
- VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction
So what do you think? Will these California traffic ticket fines convince you to be more cautious on the road?