OSHA Releases 2013 Most-cited Workplace Violations
Fall protection was once again the most-cited workplace safety violation in OSHA’s annual top 10 violations list for fiscal year 2013. The whole list is as follows:
- Fall protection: 8,241 Violations
- Hazard communication: 6,156 Violations
- Scaffolding: 5,423 Violations
- Respiratory protection: 3,879 Violations
- Electrical – wiring methods: 3,452 Violations
- Powered industrial trucks: 3,340 Violations
- Ladders: 3,311 Violations
- Lockout/ tagout: 3,254 Violations
- Electrical – general requirements: 2,745 Violations
- Machine guarding: 2,701 Violations
The list was presented at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo in early October.
Take this opportunity to review your company’s safety policies and address any areas of weakness.
Contact me or your risk manager to find out more about how you can reduce worker injuries and keep your employees safe and healthy.